2 Feb 2015

Tribal Inspired Jewellery Bead Design


This is part of a project I did in my final year of uni called "Inspire" The aim was to research materials. I chose a tribal theme and bead making for my final pieces.

Trend research for Tribal Jewellery


The CAD generated theme board I did for my final project.


 These beads were all made by wrapping fabric, melting iridescent film, metallic threads and plastics around a metal skewer then blasting with the heat gun. I then threaded them onto pins with metal beads and attached them to some fabric I had dyed to create a "body necklace"



These beads I made using polymorph plastic which was really fun. I meted the pellets in some warm water then molded them into these shapes using a thick pin to make the holes. I painted them using acrylics and gave them a metallic shimmer using gilders paste.




I love making beads!



No comments:

Post a Comment