11 Sept 2011

Sponsored Flooring Design...EGE Carpets


The basis of this project was to choose a market area from the 6 EGE gave me, I wanted to do a design for a swish cabaret club with an exotic twist....
My final designs were for V.I.P. lounge, bar area and main club area.  I did some research on glow in the dark pigments that can be used for digitally printed carpets. The club itself was an imaginary one, one I made up myself as this was after all a university project so I could be as crazy as I liked...oh the fun!
I found my inspiration from bio-luminescence and exotic leafy plants. So my first port of call was to begin drawing. The photo above is the Market Board I designed for the project. You can see the type of club I was aiming for. Below are some of my drawings and screen prints.


Vivid flowing symmetrical imagery is ideal for the flooring of this club....in areas such as the V.I.P. lounge, walk ways to the bar and stairs these designs are big and bold. The high-lighted inner or outer sections of the design have UV glow properties to coordinate with the lighting.
Guests will really feel like they are in an underworld of illumination....dazzling entertainment in a glowing yet dark environment.


Then I moved on to silk screen printing, transfer printing and laser cutting my drawings into the image below which was quite tricky to man-oeuvre as the thin cut sections kept getting tangled together and they were so delicate they could tear easily...needless to say I had fun and games trying to get these articles into my folder and then on the 30 mile journey home...yes I commute 30 miles 2 ways each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment