11 Sept 2011

Colour Study....Surface Design

This is an altered version of a ink drawing I did in my first year. We were doing a module on colour. My original drawing was in pink and purple shades with some black and neon pink. Basically I played around with the hue and then inverted the colours. This was my favourite out of about 12 variations.
I really enjoyed visual studies because It gave me a chance to move away from specific theme orientated work and allowed me the chance to just get lost in mixed media for the hell of it. Sometimes it is great to just create a drawing right from your imagination and watch the ink flow with no rules or limitations of how and where everything should go. Only focusing on how you want to the colours to blend or contrast with each other.

The pinkish one is the original drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment